1/5 Photos of Low-Fat Vegetable and Pasta Casserole
echo echo's Note:
A good casserole for dieters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne or 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- white pepper
- 5 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Cook pasta 6 minutes in boiling water.
- 2Add the broccoli through bell pepper to the pasta and simmer 6-8 minutes more until pasta is al dente; drain.
- 3Make white sauce: sauté the onions and garlic in butter 1-2 minutes in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in flour and milk and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes until mixture coats the back of a spoon; remove from heat.
- 4Setting aside 2 Tbs parmesan cheese, stir the rest of cheese and the pepper into the white sauce.
- 5Combine the pasta and vegetables, white sauce and 4 Tbs of the basil; place in 13 X 9-inch baking pan or 3-1/2 quart casserole.
- 6Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining 2 Tbs parmesan & remaining 1 T basil; sprinkle over the casserole.
- 7Spray butter-flavored spray over top to coat.
- 8Bake at 350° approximately 30 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Vegetable and Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g