1/3 Photos of Low-Fat Vegan Pineapple Pie
Really, really delicious pie filled with pineapple cream. Low in sugars and vegan. Cream can be made days ahead and kept in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the base
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 raw sugar
- 80 ml pineapple juice
- 80 ml canola oil
for the cream
- 1First make the cream. In the food processor or with the immersion mixer bled chopped pineapple, yogurt and cornstarch. I dont add sugar because the pineapple is sweet enough to my taste, but if you like pies to be sweeter, you can add 150 gr superfine white sugar.
- 2Once it's creamy, transfer into a deep saucepan and heat over medium heat. Cook stirring constantly until it's well thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Turn on the oven to 180°C.
- 4In a large mixing bowl combine flour with the baking powder and sugar. Stir. Make a well in the center and add juice and oil. Quickly knead with your hands to form soft dough.
- 5Cut 1/3 piece from the dough and set aside.
- 6Place the bigger part of dough onto a baking paper and roll into 1/2 inch thin crust. Place it into a round baking pan and cover evenly the sides of the pan.
- 7Pit the bottom of the pie crust with a fork.
- 8Fill with the thick pineapple cream.
- 9Roll the remaining 1/3 part of dough into a 1/2 inch thin crust, then place it onto the cream to close the pie.
- 10Close evenly the edges of the pie crust.
- 11With a knife cut four long lines on the top of the pie.
- 12Brush lightly with 1 tbsp of soy yogurt.
- 13Bake in the preheated oven about 40-45 minutes, or until well browned on top.
- 14Allow to cool comleteley, then slice in triangles and serve.
- 15Usually, I make these pies the evening before and serve the next morning for breakfast.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Vegan Pineapple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: