Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really, really delicious pie filled with pineapple cream. Low in sugars and vegan. Cream can be made days ahead and kept in refrigerator.
- First make the cream. In the food processor or with the immersion mixer bled chopped pineapple, yogurt and cornstarch. I dont add sugar because the pineapple is sweet enough to my taste, but if you like pies to be sweeter, you can add 150 gr superfine white sugar.
- Once it's creamy, transfer into a deep saucepan and heat over medium heat. Cook stirring constantly until it's well thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Turn on the oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour with the baking powder and sugar. Stir. Make a well in the center and add juice and oil. Quickly knead with your hands to form soft dough.
- Cut 1/3 piece from the dough and set aside.
- Place the bigger part of dough onto a baking paper and roll into 1/2 inch thin crust. Place it into a round baking pan and cover evenly the sides of the pan.
- Pit the bottom of the pie crust with a fork.
- Fill with the thick pineapple cream.
- Roll the remaining 1/3 part of dough into a 1/2 inch thin crust, then place it onto the cream to close the pie.
- Close evenly the edges of the pie crust.
- With a knife cut four long lines on the top of the pie.
- Brush lightly with 1 tbsp of soy yogurt.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 40-45 minutes, or until well browned on top.
- Allow to cool comleteley, then slice in triangles and serve.
- Usually, I make these pies the evening before and serve the next morning for breakfast.