Recipe by The Bad Cook
I found this recipe in Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the yogurt, soy milk, applesauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift the remaining ingredients together, and then slowly mix into the whisked wet ingredients. Mix well. Fill cupcakes 3/4 full and bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Frost or glaze however you like!