Low Fat Vegan Brownies With Walnuts
- In a blender puree the tofu, flour and water until smooth. Pour it into a sauce pan, and whisk constantly over low heat until it thickens (it should not boil, if it starts to turn the heat down). This takes about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, salt, vanilla, stevia and sugar. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Set the mixture aside to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- When mixture is cool enough mix in the applesauce and oil. (It can take about 20-30 minutes to cool, give it a stir once in awhile and stick it in the fridge to make it cool faster).
- Sift the 1 1/2 cups of flour, the cocoa and the baking powder together. Fold in the tofu mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Spread evenly in a greased baking pan for 20 minutes, then sprinkle walnuts on top and bake for another 20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.