Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Brownies sweetened with applesauce and agave nectar. Also great for diabetics (if Dr. ok's agave as a sweetner).
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml agave nectar
- 177.44 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml water
- 40.22 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in agave nectar, water, vegetable oil, applesauce and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
I am always looking for the perfect low-fat, low-sugar brownie and although this isn't it, it is the closest I have found. Chewy and chocolaty. A little bit "spongy", but not dry like most without fat and sugar. I used as a base for a brownie sundae with low-fat, no sugar added ice cream (not vegan, I know , but a good diabetic friendly dessert). Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs game.