Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lots of good reviews.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal (ground in the blender)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix first six ingredients well.
- Mix next four ingredients in a separate large bowl.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir well.
- Pour into a sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
This is very good, especially since it has so little fat. It has a wheaty-nutty flavor which I enjoy. The texture was good, slightly chewier than I prefer, but good, and very moist! Thanks!