Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Can you smell it from here? A recipe can make all year! Quick, simple, EASY to do! Best of all is LOW FAT too! Inspired by the internet this was for me! Hope you enjoy my low fat recipe!
- 12 ounces veal steak
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 slices rindless bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- cooking spray
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven 200C/400F; DEFINATELY cook bacon this way for ease! I used rindless bacon on lined tray with parchement paper/baking paper; http://www.recipezaar.com/208501.
- Lightly spray fry pan and saute finely diced red onions for 5 minutes; ADD diced mushrooms until cooked; PLACE in oven casserole dish.
- Pound veal steaks thin and lightly saute them in frypan.
- NOTE: I cut veal steaks into three pieces for ease; also cooked for 1 minute each side.
- ADD to casserole dish.
- In bowl, mix cornflour and a couple of drop of water to form paste; ADD crumbled bacon, wine and spices.
- Place over veal mixture in casserole dish.
- COVER and cook in oven for about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.