Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A reduced fat and quicker version of a yummy comfort food.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 59.14 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml nonfat sour cream
- 59.14 ml light butter
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 29.58-44.37 ml bacon bits (I use hormel)
- Scrub potatoes and dry.
- Wrap each potato in plastic wrap and microwave potatoes for 13-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Carefully unwrap potatoes when done and cut lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out insides leaving skins intact.
- In a medium bowl, add milk, sour cream, and butter to potatoes and mash. Then add cheese, bacon bits, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- Divide potato mixture evenly into potato skins. Place on a baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes.
What a fantastic 10-star recipe! Not only can you not tell they are lower in fat than the traditional version, I adore the idea of doing the first stage of "baking" in the microwave! I used my microwave's potato setting and they were cooked in about 5 minutes. I skipped the plastic wrap as well. But, I did the rest of the recipe as written and they were a huge hit! Thanks so much for sharing!
Love twice-baked potatoes, & these really hit it for me ~ AND, these are a lot more healthy than what I'm used to! I did use just 2 tablespoons of the bacon bits, but otherwise followed the ingredients right on down! Thanks for a great treat & a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]