This has been a family favorite for many years. It is an easy alternative to hamburger sloppy joes.
Make and share this Low Fat Turkey Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chili
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup salt-free tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (depending on taste)
- In large heavy pan, cook turkey 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add onion and saute 3 to 5 minutes longer until softened.
- Add chili, celery, green pepper, corn, tomato sauce, honey and seasoning to turkey.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serves 4.