Recipe by Dancer^
Very tasty. Points...3.
Top Review by dawnie808
This was a great recipe, and super healthy. I didn't have any carrots, so I doubled the onion. I also added a bit of tomato paste and parmesan cheese. Served it with asparagus and couscous, DELISH. Even my husband enjoyed it, after adding more salt, of course.
- 680.38 g ground turkey or 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained
- 236.59 ml quick oats or 236.59 ml old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 78.07 ml nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 7.39 ml Italian herb seasoning
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the turkey or beef, the spinach, which has been squeezed to drain, the oats, onion, carrots, egg, milk, herbs (mixture of oregano, basil and thyme), salt and pepper.
- Use a three-tined kitchen granny fork or wooden mixing fork to blend the meat ingredients.
- Pat into a 9x5-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with a no-stick oil product, or shape into a loaf and place in the middle of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 170 degrees and the center is no longer pink.
- If substituting beef for turkey, bake 50 to 55 minutes and thermometer should register 160 degrees internal temperature (tip not touching baking dish).
- Let loaf stand out of the oven for 5 minutes before slicing.