I got this recipe from a day-time talk show years ago (I can't remember which show). It was a recipe from actress JoMarie Peyton Noble (she played the Mom on Family Matters). I made it a couple of times and it was really good, I've just recently found this recipe and wanted to post it so I could find it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large turkey drumsticks, boiled, deboned & skin off
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1Saute onions, bell peppers and celery for 5 minutes.
- 2When the sauted items look "glassy", add chicken broth.
- 3Dump everything, except peas and turkey, in pan.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add cooked turkey and frozen peas.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes.
- 7Serve over rice or your favorite pasta.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Turkey Curry
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: