Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a day-time talk show years ago (I can't remember which show). It was a recipe from actress JoMarie Peyton Noble (she played the Mom on Family Matters). I made it a couple of times and it was really good, I've just recently found this recipe and wanted to post it so I could find it again.
- 2 large turkey drumsticks, boiled, deboned & skin off
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet peas
- Saute onions, bell peppers and celery for 5 minutes.
- When the sauted items look "glassy", add chicken broth.
- Dump everything, except peas and turkey, in pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cooked turkey and frozen peas.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or your favorite pasta.