Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Even though the dark meat is higher in fat, turkey is actually slightly lower in calories and fat than other favorite sources of meat protein. So stock up !!
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 -3 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup coarse chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 turkey breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the 1st 8 ingredients in a 3 qt crock pot.
- Dry the turkey cubes and coat with the flour. Arrange on top of veggies.
- Mix the wine, broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for approx 8 hours.
- During the last hour, stir once or twice and break apart the cubes.
- Do not take the lid off for more than a minute or 2.
- Stir in the parsley just before you serve it.