Recipe by linda_nm
Adding lots of veggies and beans makes this chili full of fiber. A serving is about 2 cups depending on how much it has cooked down or how much water has been added.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 6 cups onions, diced
- 6 cups celery, diced
- 6 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon, the paste kind
- water, as needed to change thickness
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the turkey and next 4 ingredients over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the beans and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer covered for 30 minutes and then 30 minutes uncovered or until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Ladle into serving bowls; garnish with chopped onion and low fat cheddar cheese, if desired.