1 hr 30 mins
Adding lots of veggies and beans makes this chili full of fiber. A serving is about 2 cups depending on how much it has cooked down or how much water has been added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 6 cups onions, diced
- 6 cups celery, diced
- 6 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chili powder (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon, the paste kind
- water, as needed to change thickness
- 1In a large Dutch oven, cook the turkey and next 4 ingredients over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2Stir in the beans and remaining ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer covered for 30 minutes and then 30 minutes uncovered or until chili reaches desired thickness.
- 4Ladle into serving bowls; garnish with chopped onion and low fat cheddar cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.1
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 612.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g