Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This is my latest attempt to make something tasty for lunch that fits into my new-found low fat and many fish and veggie based diet. I had a normal carrot salad in mind but wanted to make it something I could eat as a lunch meal. I marked this down as two servings but I will be honest and say that I usually eat it all by myself when I feel the need for a big meal but don't want to spare the calories. The biggest pain about preparing this dish is peeling all the carrots around my dogs who love them and go insane when I just get one out of the fridge! Cooking time includes chilling time in the fridge.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice, reserved from can
- 1⁄4 cup extra light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 250 g carrots, grated
- 50 g raisins
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cups cooked king prawns (cold)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take pineapple rings out of can and chop up into sizable chunks. Set aside and reserve the required 3 TBS of pineapple liquid.
- Combine pineapple liquid, extra light mayo, 0% Greek yogurt and Splenda in bowl.
- Add carrots, pineapple, prawns and raisins and mix until the wet mixture is mixed all the way through.
- Cover in cling film and put in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Give a quick stir before eating.