Recipe by Kasha
A tasty, healthy and low fat dish for summer. This is my French husband's recipe, he made it up himself, and he hopes people will try it and like it. It is a fast, cheap, good and good-for-you dinner. We eat it as a main course, but it would be equally good as a side dish with grilled meat or fish.
Top Review by elefly
Mu DH gave this 4 1/2 (he rarely gives 5) and this is quite a compliment considering he "hates" zucchini, or at least he did until I made this. Even the kids ate it. I will make this again, per a very loud request by DH. Very healthy and low in points for the WW diet.
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 2 lbs zucchini, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 x13 pan with Pam and scatter the bulgur over the bottom, to soak up excess juice.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with zucchini slices, in a single layer, you are making levels, like lasagna, so don't worry about leftovers.
- Cover the zucchini with tomato slices, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, a good sprinkling of chopped parsley, and a bit of cheese.
- Same with the eggplant.
- Start again, making the same layers in the same order until you are out of ingredients, and ending with some cheese and a touch of olive oil.
- Bake in a 375-400 degree preheated oven about 40-45 minutes, it depends on the thickness of the slices of your veggies, so be sure to check.