1 hr 5 mins
A tasty, healthy and low fat dish for summer. This is my French husband's recipe, he made it up himself, and he hopes people will try it and like it. It is a fast, cheap, good and good-for-you dinner. We eat it as a main course, but it would be equally good as a side dish with grilled meat or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a 9 x13 pan with Pam and scatter the bulgur over the bottom, to soak up excess juice.
- 2Cover the bottom of the pan with zucchini slices, in a single layer, you are making levels, like lasagna, so don't worry about leftovers.
- 3Cover the zucchini with tomato slices, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, a good sprinkling of chopped parsley, and a bit of cheese.
- 4Same with the eggplant.
- 5Start again, making the same layers in the same order until you are out of ingredients, and ending with some cheese and a touch of olive oil.
- 6Bake in a 375-400 degree preheated oven about 40-45 minutes, it depends on the thickness of the slices of your veggies, so be sure to check.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Tomato and Zucchini Summer Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g