Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty, healthy and low fat dish for summer. This is my French husband's recipe, he made it up himself, and he hopes people will try it and like it. It is a fast, cheap, good and good-for-you dinner. We eat it as a main course, but it would be equally good as a side dish with grilled meat or fish.
- Spray a 9 x13 pan with Pam and scatter the bulgur over the bottom, to soak up excess juice.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with zucchini slices, in a single layer, you are making levels, like lasagna, so don't worry about leftovers.
- Cover the zucchini with tomato slices, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, a good sprinkling of chopped parsley, and a bit of cheese.
- Same with the eggplant.
- Start again, making the same layers in the same order until you are out of ingredients, and ending with some cheese and a touch of olive oil.
- Bake in a 375-400 degree preheated oven about 40-45 minutes, it depends on the thickness of the slices of your veggies, so be sure to check.