Sexy Chef Sheri's Note:
This is a recipe I made up from reading multiple fried rice recipes. I LOVE fried rice, but it can be just so bad for you! You can modify this recipe to your liking. I generally don't measure and just put in handfuls of ingredients to taste. So these are just estimates! I prefer to use tofu, but you can add any meat/protein you want. I've done this with shrimp, cooked together with the veggies and garlic, or with leftover chicken that I've diced up. You can also add extra veggies of your choice, but this is just usually what I have on hand. It's a great way to use leftover white rice. I've started making extra rice just so I can make this! Hopefully you will enjoy it too. (P.S. Feel free to spice it up a bit if you'd like! Suggestions are welcome!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scramble your eggs in melted butter (just enough to keep eggs from sticking) by cracking them into the pan and scrambling with a wooden spoon until they reach the texture you desire. I do this in a separate small pan.
- 2Spray a wok or large skillet with fat-free cooking spray until the pan is well-coated. Heat the pan on high.
- 3Throw in your garlic, carrots, and peas and stir fry until peas are no longer frozen and garlic begins to brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- 4Add tofu and scrambled eggs to the pan and stir fry together until heated. Add low-sodium soy sauce.
- 5Lower heat a bit to medium-high.
- 6Add leftover white rice. Make sure the rice is cold, or at least cooled to room temperature. If taking the rice from the fridge, you may have to separate it with a wooden spoon before adding to the pan.
- 7Mix all ingedients in the pan until well heated. Add regular soy sauce until it reaches the taste you desire.
- 8Add additional spices to taste, whatever you like in your fried rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Tofu Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.2 g