Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dessert is so good and so high in calories. Being on Weight Watchers, this dessert was always off limits. I ran across this dessert in the Tribune a while back and it claims it is Low Fat. Whether it is or not, this is one dessert I would love to have on my Weight Watcher's diet. If anyone can cut this down (calorie wise), or if you have a recipe for Low Fat Tiramisu,please let me know.
- 3 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 226 g philly light cream cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 250 g ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa
- Stir the custard powder in a small pan with about 2 Tbls. of skim milk until dissolved.
- Add remaining skim milk with sugar and vanilla and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, this will be a thick custard.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cool at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into the cooled custard.
- Beat together the custard and cream cheese for 2 minutes.
- Pour the coffee into a dish and add the Kahlua coffee liqueur.
- Using half the biscuits, quickly dip each biscuit in the coffee mixture.
- Just enough to cover(don't leave them in the liquid or they will get soggy) and arrange in a single layer over the base of a serving dish.
- Use a 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish.
- Using half of the custard mixture, smooth it evenly over the biscuits.
- Dust half the dark cocoa over the cream and then repeat the layers with the remaining biscuits and custard mixture.
- Cover the Tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- Lightly dust with dark cocoa powder to serve.