1/1 Photo of Low-fat Tiramisu
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Well I don’t suppose ANY Tiramisu is going to be fat-free and still taste like Tiramisu. But this recipe is certainly lower in fat than some of the totally delicious, totally decadent Tiramisu recipes around! It is classified by “The Australian Women’s Weekly” as being medium GI, so at least it's not through-the-roof high GI!. Adapted from “The Australian Women’s Weekly” website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar, extra
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk, extra
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 10 g dark chocolate, grated finely
- 1Preheat the oven to moderate.
- 2Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform tin.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat eggs in a small bowl until thick and creamy.
- 4Gradually add sugar, beating until the sugar dissolves.
- 5Fold triple-sifted flours into the egg mixture until just combined, and ppread into prepared tin.
- 6Bake, uncovered, in a moderate oven for about 25 minutes.
- 7Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- 8Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over the cold water in small heatproof jug; place jug in small pan of simmering water, and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Then cool for 5 minutes.
- 9Blend or process the ricotta, milk and extra sugar until smooth. With the motor operating, add the gelatine mixture and process until combined.
- 10Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water in a small bowl.
- 11Add extra milk and liqueur.
- 12Cut the cake in half horizontally, and return one cake half to the same springform tin.
- 13Brush half of the coffee mixture over the cake and top with half of the ricotta mixture.
- 14Repeat with the remaining cake half, coffee mixture and ricotta mixture.
- 15Refrigerate tiramisu, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- 16Sprinkle top with grated chocolate just before serving.
- 17Note: 'Cooking' time includes the 3 hours refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-fat Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 115.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wholemeal self-rising flour