Recipe by MMMTMommy
I tried this without the olive oil and it worked the second time. This is one of my favorite meals at a Chinese restaurant in town and when I got this recipe I decided I like it even more!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) box cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all cut up chicken into a pan and sprinkle with onion salt.
- Let sit at least one hour.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl and pour the box of cornstarch on a large plate. The pieces get dipped in the egg and then the cornstarch.
- Fry them in a Teflon pan over medium heat with some pan spray.
- After frying them, place them in a casserole dish.
- Mix all of the ingredients in the sauce in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves only. Pour this over the breaded chicken in the casserole dish.
- Cook at 325°F stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour.