Low Fat Thanksgiving Day Stuffing
- In a big skillet, brown the sausage bits gently in half the butte, reduce heat to medium.
- Add chopped or minced onions, mushrooms, celery, and celery leaves.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in broth combined with the egg substitute, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with additional broth and remaining melted butter as desired, cover, and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30-45 minutes.