Top Review by erinBOberrin
Delicious! I'm just starting to try some Thai foods and this was very good. I even had the fish sauce already and had never used it! The dressing is the best part. I added some chopped cilantro, which was really, really tasty (give it a try, I think you'd like it!). I also toosed the chopped steak with a little more soy sauce to give it some extra flavor. Thanks for posting this!!
- 8 ounces sirloin tip steaks, 1" thick
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- to taste romaine lettuce leaves or 1 baby greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Sprinkle the sirloin with soy sauce and rub it into the surface. Broil or grill until done to your liking, about 5 minutes on each side for rare.
- Let the steak relax for 10 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
- Toss with the onion and cucumber and red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, fish sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Taste dressing and add sugar to taste. Pour over the salad an toss well to combine. Arrange the salad on lettuce and serve warm.