Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Made this recipe as part of the 2006 Zaar World Tour challenge! Had to come up with a low-fat sandwich so I selected peacefulnightdove's Teriyaki Beef Wraps. Make her recipe if you are not concerned about fat intake, or make mine if you are. Am posting this in response to a request. Makes a terrific sandwich, and an easy dinner. Cooking time does not include marinating time. Peacefulnightdove recommended 6-8 hours or overnight, but you can probably get away with a few minutes like I did if you use a vegetarian beef substitute.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 scallions (trimmed to diameter of tortilla) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb vegetarian beef strips (vegetarian, St. Ives or other brand)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, toss beef strips with teriyaki sauce, cover and marinate.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine first 6 ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in non-stick skillet. Add beef strips and stir fry over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Place a fourth of the meat down center of each tortilla.
- Top each with a fourth of cole slaw mixture and a scallion, if using.
- Roll up and enjoy with more teriyaki sauce if desired.