Made this recipe as part of the 2006 Zaar World Tour challenge! Had to come up with a low-fat sandwich so I selected peacefulnightdove's Teriyaki Beef Wraps. Make her recipe if you are not concerned about fat intake, or make mine if you are. Am posting this in response to a request. Makes a terrific sandwich, and an easy dinner. Cooking time does not include marinating time. Peacefulnightdove recommended 6-8 hours or overnight, but you can probably get away with a few minutes like I did if you use a vegetarian beef substitute.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 scallions (trimmed to diameter of tortilla) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb vegetarian beef strips (vegetarian, St. Ives or other brand)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 flour tortillas
- In bowl, toss beef strips with teriyaki sauce, cover and marinate.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine first 6 ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in non-stick skillet. Add beef strips and stir fry over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Place a fourth of the meat down center of each tortilla.
- Top each with a fourth of cole slaw mixture and a scallion, if using.
- Roll up and enjoy with more teriyaki sauce if desired.
Mmmm...had this for dinner tonight after work. It cooked up quick and was so easy, not to mention delicious! Thank you!