Recipe by Manda
This is a wonderful, easy, and tasty way to prepare tuna steaks on the grill. I remember the first time I ate a tuna steak, was at a restaurant in N.C., and it was slathered with this herb butter. I remember thinking, why ruin a beautiful tuna steak by adding all that fat, when it doesn't even need it to taste incredible! This marinade adds just the right amount of flavor without piling on the fat...which leads to packing on the pounds!!!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (about 6 oz. each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine first 9 ingredients, and mix well.
- Remove 1/3 c.
- of mixture to small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade into large ziplock bag, add tuna.
- Seal bag, and turn to coat steaks; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain steaks and discard marinade.
- Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.