1/2 Photos of Low-Fat Teriyaki Grilled Tuna Steaks
2 hrs 12 mins
This is a wonderful, easy, and tasty way to prepare tuna steaks on the grill. I remember the first time I ate a tuna steak, was at a restaurant in N.C., and it was slathered with this herb butter. I remember thinking, why ruin a beautiful tuna steak by adding all that fat, when it doesn't even need it to taste incredible! This marinade adds just the right amount of flavor without piling on the fat...which leads to packing on the pounds!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (about 6 oz. each)
- 1In bowl, combine first 9 ingredients, and mix well.
- 2Remove 1/3 c.
- 3of mixture to small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- 4Pour remaining marinade into large ziplock bag, add tuna.
- 5Seal bag, and turn to coat steaks; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 6Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- 7Drain steaks and discard marinade.
- 8Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Teriyaki Grilled Tuna Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1011.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar