Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a real refreshing low fat dessert and easy to make too, orange Jell-O can be replace with any other flavor, but I find that orange seems to be the best --- plan ahead the tapioca needs to sit for 8 hours, or overnight:)
Top Review by Kaarin
This recipe has much better texture than others I've tried. I soaked my tapioca for 6 hours and it boiled up perfectly. I found this to be a little too sweet for my tastes, but it would be easy to use less sugar so this is a keeper for me.
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup baby pearl tapioca
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange Jell-O, powder
- pineapple chunks (any amount desired) or fruit cocktail (any amount desired)
- 1 cup cool whip reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water in a saucepan; add the tapioca.
- Soak the tapioca in the water for 8 hours, or overnight.
- The next day, boil for 10 minutes until almost clear.
- Add the sugar and Jell-O; let cool until stiff.
- Add in the fruit; mix.
- Top with whipped topping if desired.
- Divide into serving dishes; serve and enjoy!