Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Hungry Girl creation
Make and share this Low Fat Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup vegetarian chili (a low-fat veggie variety)
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon black olives (Siced)
- 6 tortilla chips, crushed (any flavor baked tortilla chips**)
- Prepare chili as directed on package.
- Place lettuce in a big bowl. Top with tomatoes, chili and cheese. Then add the olives and sour cream.
- Finish off with the crushed tortilla chips, and enjoy.
What a wonderful salad! After reading the sodium content on the can of veggie chili I bought (1 cup=1110mg sodium!!), I only used 1/2 cup chili for my lunch; it worked fine. I left out the tomato & olives, used 2 cups romaine & only 1 tbsp fat free sour cream. It was delicious, fast & easy. Thank you for sharing this!