Recipe by Strawberry Girl
This is a recipe that I picked up off of the newsgroup a couple of months back.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups red apples, unpeeled, shredded or 2 cups golden delicious apples, shredded
- to taste fresh fruit, sliced (banana, apple, pineapple; orange segments)
- 1 1⁄2 cups prunes, pitted, whole or halved (about 9 ounces)
- to taste almonds or to taste pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, water, shredded apples, prunes, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, spoon some of the muesli into a cereal bowl.
- Top with your choice of fresh fruits and nuts.
- Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt or milk, if desired.
- Muesli can be stored in covered container in refrigerator for several days.