Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the American Cancer Society
- 12 ounces boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut vertically into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ears canned baby corn
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Freeze pork until firm, about 20 minutes. Cut pork into 1/4-inch by 2- or 3-inch strips. Set aside.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a small bowl, reserving pineapple. Add Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch to juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- In wok, heat 2 teaspoons oil over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until white. Add broccoli, carrot, onion, corn, and reserved pineapple. Stir-fry until broccoli and carrots are brightly colored, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds, taking care not to burn them. Stir pineapple juice mixture. Add to wok with meat mixture. Stir-fry until liquid has thickened and meat is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- NUTRITION INFO.
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Protein: 18 g.
Very quick and easy to make. Much lighter than other sweet & sour recipes. I know it will up the sodium content but think I will add a little soy sauce next time as well as the worcestershire sauce for more flavour. Another keeper for me :)
This was okay and great for a low cal/low fat supper served over rice - but I was expecting more of an Asian flavor to this which I didn't think it had -- maybe some soy sauce instead or in addition to the worcestershire. Thanks for sharing!
A wonderful sweet and sour pork recipe! unbelievable that it is low fat. Nothing like the nasty bright red sticky junk that some think of as sweet and sour. Fresh, light tasting and is a keeper. Made for went to market game