Recipe by LRB
I found these recipes on a website (www.caryn.com) and made them for a Chanukah party. The original recipe had salt and pepper but I eliminated it. They were a big hit!
- 1 3⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes or 1 3⁄4 lbs yams, peeled
- 1 onion
- 5 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- canola oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Loosely grate potatoes and onion in food processor and place in large mixing bowl.
- Mix in eggs. Add flour and mix well.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil. Spoon out the batter into pan, being careful not to crowd--press into compact 3 inch pancakes.
- Cook 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in oven until all pancakes are fried, and add as little oil to pan as needed to keep pancakes from sticking.
- Bake pancakes at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Turn over and bake 5 additional minutes.
- Serve while hot.