1/1 Photo of Low Fat Sweet Potato and Chickpea Cakes (Vegetarian Too!)
I-N-S-P-I-R-E-D by magazines I do read, This recipe makes for a TERRIFIC feed! Served with chilli, this recipe is SO me! HOPE a review we soon do see!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PLACE sweet potatoes on paper towel and place in microwave (About 3 very large); COOL slightly.
- 2COOK until done (About 25 minutes).
- 3Finely DICE shallot and coriander.
- 4DRAIN canned chickpeas and MASH in bowl.
- 5COMBINE chickpeas, shallot, 2 tbsp parmesan and coriander.
- 6SCOOP out cooked sweet potato and MASH.
- 7ADD to chikpeas, shallot and corainder and blend thoroughly.
- 8BLEND in 2 tbsp flour into mixture and form patties (Makes about 8 - 10 patties).
- 9Place additional 2 tbsp of parmesan on a flat plate or surface and dip patties onto cheese(both sides).
- 10PLACE patties on baking paper lined pan and LIGHTLY spray with cooking oil.
- 11BAKE 30 to 35 minutes.
- 12NOTE: Can use fat-free cooking spray.
- 13NOTE: Make sure to make several holes in the sweet potato before putting in microwave; also helps to turn sweet potato over once or twice to ensure even cooking.
- 14Based on size, I do mine 20 minutes on high, then turn them over for 20 minutes and test; if not done, I do another 10 minutes each side or 5 minutes each size depending on size; You will know it is done when the whole sweet potato is soft; Can use tongs to squeeze -- I use my hands to test:) Hope this helpful hint helps!
- 15If no microwave, cook sweet potato in 350 F / 180 C degree oven for about an hour.
- 16NOTE: I served it with Golden Door Chilli -- 300g chillis, 2 tbsp apple cider, 2 tbsp tamari combined in food processor.
- 17NOTE: If can't find fat-free parmesan, use lowest fat parmesan can find.
- 18NOTE: Is ok if chickpeas are a little lumpy, but try and get them mashed as much as you can with a fork.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Sweet Potato and Chickpea Cakes (Vegetarian Too!)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g