Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I-N-S-P-I-R-E-D by magazines I do read, This recipe makes for a TERRIFIC feed! Served with chilli, this recipe is SO me! HOPE a review we soon do see!
- PLACE sweet potatoes on paper towel and place in microwave (About 3 very large); COOL slightly.
- COOK until done (About 25 minutes).
- Finely DICE shallot and coriander.
- DRAIN canned chickpeas and MASH in bowl.
- COMBINE chickpeas, shallot, 2 tbsp parmesan and coriander.
- SCOOP out cooked sweet potato and MASH.
- ADD to chikpeas, shallot and corainder and blend thoroughly.
- BLEND in 2 tbsp flour into mixture and form patties (Makes about 8 - 10 patties).
- Place additional 2 tbsp of parmesan on a flat plate or surface and dip patties onto cheese(both sides).
- PLACE patties on baking paper lined pan and LIGHTLY spray with cooking oil.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes.
- NOTE: Can use fat-free cooking spray.
- NOTE: Make sure to make several holes in the sweet potato before putting in microwave; also helps to turn sweet potato over once or twice to ensure even cooking.
- Based on size, I do mine 20 minutes on high, then turn them over for 20 minutes and test; if not done, I do another 10 minutes each side or 5 minutes each size depending on size; You will know it is done when the whole sweet potato is soft; Can use tongs to squeeze -- I use my hands to test:) Hope this helpful hint helps!
- If no microwave, cook sweet potato in 350 F / 180 C degree oven for about an hour.
- NOTE: I served it with Golden Door Chilli -- 300g chillis, 2 tbsp apple cider, 2 tbsp tamari combined in food processor.
- NOTE: If can't find fat-free parmesan, use lowest fat parmesan can find.
- NOTE: Is ok if chickpeas are a little lumpy, but try and get them mashed as much as you can with a fork.
Though I have recently switched to the WW Flex program, I still try and focus my choices to reflect those foods on the Core list. These were a perfect light meal paired with a spinach salad. I added about 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and served them with non-fat sour cream mixed with chilis and more cilantro. Easy to prepare and the leftovers will heat in a jiffy. Thanks!