Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modification of Graybert's Sunshine Muffins. These are packed with orange flavor and are a lighter version of the original!
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cut orange (DO NOT PEEL!), place in food processor along with orange juice, egg and applesauce and process until smooth.
- Add flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and process.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
If I could this would have 10 stars. I have been trying to eat healthier and found this recipe. I'm not a really big fan of whole wheat or raisins so the first time I made this recipe I used 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat. I also used dried cranberries instead of raisins. They were so good I took one to work for a friend who loves orange cranberry as much as me. She begged me for the recipe. Today I made them with lemon for the orange, lemon juice for OJ the proper whole wheat to white flour and cranberries, no nuts. They are the most flavorful muffins I have ever had. Next time with the lemon I will add sliced almonds I didn't have any today. A definite keeper.