Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Only 4 WW points. The one hour prep time is the soaking of the beans.
- 1⁄2 cup dry navy beans
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, drained,canned (garbanzo beans)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, sliced,peeled
- 1⁄2 cup potato, sliced with peel
- 1⁄2 cup rotini pasta or 1⁄2 cup other pastas, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely minced fresh
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, including liquid
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cover navy beans with water in a large pot.
- Over medium heat, bring just to the boiling point.
- Remover pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
- Add chicken broth, carrot, and potato.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are almost tender, about 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small skillet and saute onion until tender.
- Add onion and all remaining ingredients to soup pot.
- Cook 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Serve hot.