1/1 Photo of Low Fat Sugarless Blueberry Squares
Developed by a friend who found out she was a diabetic and has changed favorite recipes to suit her new dietary requirements. Low fat. No sugar.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fruit, concentrate
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate container mix the fruit concentrate, milk and extract until blended well. Pour the liquid ingredients into flour mixture and mix until smooth. Don't overbeat.
- 3Place a 9 inch square baking pan in oven with the teaspoon of margarine until melted. Swirl the pan around until it coats pan.
- 4Pour batter into pan and sprinkle evenly with blueberries.
- 5Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 6Mix the jam with the water. Heat until melted. Brush the top with the glaze when it comes out of the oven.
- 7Cut into 9 squares and serve warm.
- 8***Fruit concentrate is a available at health food stores.
- 9***Can also use cranberries, strawberries, or sliced peaches.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Sugarless Blueberry Squares
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added apricot jam