Recipe by iomega.zippy
This is a minimized and scaled-down version of the recipe that appears under the lid of the Quaker Oats tube. Less Fat and Less Sugar, More Flavor! Great "cookie" for kids!
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml applesauce (I recommend natural unsweetened applesauce)
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 28.39 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3.69 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml cardamom (optional)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 414.03 ml oatmeal
- 177.44 ml raisins (or other dried fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together by beating on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Continue beating until incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom (if using), and salt in separate bowl. While beating previous mixture, slowly add dry ingredients.
- Using a large spoon, stir in oatmeal and raisins (dried fruits).
- Dollop a Tbsp amount of cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until center appears to be set (may still look slightly moist in middle).
- Let rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a cooling wire rack.