This is a minimized and scaled-down version of the recipe that appears under the lid of the Quaker Oats tube. Less Fat and Less Sugar, More Flavor! Great "cookie" for kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup applesauce (I recommend natural unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and sugars together by beating on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add egg and vanilla. Continue beating until incorporated.
- 4Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom (if using), and salt in separate bowl. While beating previous mixture, slowly add dry ingredients.
- 5Using a large spoon, stir in oatmeal and raisins (dried fruits).
- 6Dollop a Tbsp amount of cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake 10-12 minutes or until center appears to be set (may still look slightly moist in middle).
- 8Let rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a cooling wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat/Sugar Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 93.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g