Recipe by Karen Anne Newton RN
Low fat and sugar free.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This made 4 mini loafs in the Pampered Chefs stoneware pan and was finished baking in 40 minutes. The loaves comes out a very dense and delicious. I can't taste very well due to a cold. But I like this recipe because of the Splenda and zucchini which are both good for my DD with Type 1 diabetes. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag 2009* game
- 2 cups Equal sugar substitute or 2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Then mix other ingredients in smaller bowl.
- Gently mix other ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moist. (Mix gently, and only until mixed; otherwise the muffins will be tough and dry).
- Spoon into cupcake liners in pan.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes at 400°F degrees.
- (Or pour into 3 loaf pans or 2 if you want larger loaves and bake at 350°F for about 60 minutes).