Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The texture of this pumpkin bread is almost better than that of its full-fat version. Yum! Perfect for anytime of day. I guarantee you won't be able to tell it's low-fat OR sugar free!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sugar substitute
- 6 ounces pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine whole grain pastry flour (Arrowhead Mills makes a great one), all-purpose flour, salt, spices, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine egg substitute, olive oil, Splenda, pumpkin, and water in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes.
Wow, this came out so good. I made a couple of changes, I only used 1 cup of splenda, I used 1 egg instead of the egg substitue, and I omitted the oil and water and used 1/2 cup unsweeted applesauce.....oh and I added raisins and nuts. I have a sugar free, fat free friend that will love this bread. Also it was very moist because I added the applesauce.
I also loved it........with the changes of the first reviewer. My second and best one was 1/4 cup splenda, 1/2 cup more applesauce, and 10 minutes less on the baking time. I think my friend Carla will love it too!
I'm sorry but this just did not work out for me. I went over the recipe many times after it came out bad and I could not see any mistakes I made. My bread did not rise at all and was bland and dry upon testing. I don't think I'll being trying this again. Sorry!