Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low cal modification of my mom's cornbread recipe. Using Splenda instead of sugar and "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Lite" instead of butter or oil, makes a big difference in calories but not in taste. I just made some to serve with chili and it was great!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 4.92 ml salt
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml Splenda sugar substitute, for baking,not packets
- 1 egg
- 295.73 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml melted i can't believe it not butter light margarine
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl, then mix by hand until batter is just moistened.
- Pour into 9 large muffin cups or a 9x9 cake pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
These turned out great. I made them in the muffin pan and they were wonderful. I was worried that they would be dry because there was only one egg but they were actually quite moist. Thanks for posting!
These were very good. I subbed 1/4 cup egg white for egg and 2 Tbsp coconut oil for light butter. 4 weight watchers points per muffin.j
this was wonderful! I made this for my husband, using stone ground cornmeal, 1/2 whole wheat & half white flour. I also used 2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp applesauce. Baked great for about 26 min. Good thing I used part applesauce b/c he slathered some butter on it, to eat it with some healthy chili! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!! I used an 8X8 baking pan, too.