Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummy alternative to a higher in fat treat!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Grease loaf pan.
- I usually just add all the ingredients together and mix.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Store at room temperature up to 3 days or in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Thank you for this recipe! I won't mind eating low fat and low sugar if I can have banana bread on occasion!
Replaced 4 eggs with sour cream and yogurt to reduce fat (low fat sour cream and 0% greek yogurt).
Also added 1 1/3 up choc chips (doubled batch)
Baked in 3 9 X 5 pans for 50 minutes--perfect!
I liked this, with a couple of small tweaks. I replaced 1 of the cups of flour with 3/4 C whole wheat flour and 1/4 C milled flax seed. I also added 1 t cinnamon, 1/2 t salt and a dash of cardamom. I made it in a small bundt pan coated with Crisco then milled flax seed and Splenda. It was a pretty shape and had a little bit of a crunch. Thanks!