Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat Wieght Watcher friendly sugar cookies that I promise will not ruin that diet of yours that you have been working so hard to stick too...
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine apple sauce and sugar until well mixed.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add gradually to egg mixture.
- Take roughly a tablespoon size portion of dough and place it onto a lighty greased cookie sheet. Works best if pressed flat (the dough when making the cookie).
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and remove from cookie sheet.
- To make the frosting, in an electric mixer preferably, combine powdered sugar and butter and vanilla. Add water according to consistency of frosting.
We really liked these cookies and the frosting was an extra special treat we weren't even expecting! Thanks for sharing this recipe so we didn't have to go without!
The cookies turned out great, had a nice flavor. They were mildly sweet, like a slightly sweet biscuit, but denser and in the shape of a cooker. The frosting was, eh. The frosting tasted too buttery. So I ended up eating the cookies plain! I might make these again, but try some different things with the frosting. Or maybe I'll go frosting-less again!