Recipe by sydneysgal
Low fat Wieght Watcher friendly sugar cookies that I promise will not ruin that diet of yours that you have been working so hard to stick too...
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine apple sauce and sugar until well mixed.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add gradually to egg mixture.
- Take roughly a tablespoon size portion of dough and place it onto a lighty greased cookie sheet. Works best if pressed flat (the dough when making the cookie).
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and remove from cookie sheet.
- To make the frosting, in an electric mixer preferably, combine powdered sugar and butter and vanilla. Add water according to consistency of frosting.