Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Supper low fat and very cheap to make! And don't for get full of flavor!
- 10 jumbo pasta shells
- 5 cups spinach leaves
- 1 small zucchini (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil and add pasta shells (Cook al dente).
- In a bowl add spinach and zucchini and wilt by heating in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Then add to the cottage cheese and parmasan mixture.
- In a glass baking pan put 1/2 cup of marnaria sauce.
- Drain and stuff shells and put in baking dish.
- Cover with rest of the sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Very easy and yummy! Love that it is low-fat without sacrificing any taste!
Outstanding low fat recipe! Loved the flavors and was SO easy to make. I made this dish a LOT lower in calories by substituting shirataki noodles for the pasta shells. Saved about 200 calories per serving! I cut my noodles in bite size pieces mixed in with the spinach/cottage cheese mixture and baked per your recipe. Really, really, really loved this dish. I will probably have this 2 or 3 times a week just because it's so tasty, low calorie and has ample veggies. What a winner when you're trying to loose weight. I may have used a little extra garlic too. Can't thank you enough for this great recipe.
Very tasty. I used whole wheat pasta shells and some homemade pasta sauce. The filling was very good and I plan on stuffing some crepes with the zucchini spinach filling soon!