Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty, tasty, tasty! A healthier version of one of my favorite recipes.
- 24 large mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 small onion, chopped fine and sauteed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup reduced fat romano cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 -2 dash cayenne
- Remove mushroom stems, and set aside.
- Spray oil on a large baking dish.
- Melt butter in small sauce pan then cool.
- Coat mushroom caps with olive oil, sprinkle each w/ a tiny pinch of cayenne and set aside.
- Filling: Sautee finely chopped onion in olive oil or spray oil and cool.
- Chop mushroom stems and add to onion.
- Add crumbs, eggs and cheese and mix.
- Add enough water to moisten filling mixture.
- Stuff mushroom caps and place in baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with Romano.
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.