1/2 Photos of Low-Fat Stuffed French Toast
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
A deliciously low-fat French toast recipe. For a change of taste, top fruit and cream cheese-filled French toast with a drizzle of maple syrup in place of the honey or preserves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fat free cream cheese (about 5 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fruit preserves, whatever flavor you prefer
- 8 slices French bread, 1-inch thick
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup honey or 1/2 cup fruit preserves, of your choice
- sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- 1In a small bowl stir together cream cheese and the 2 tablespoons of preserves. Using a serrated knife, cut a pocket in each bread slice by making a cut in the crust top of each slice from the top almost to the bottom. Fill each pocket with some of the cream cheese mixture.
- 2In a shallow bowl beat together the egg whites, whole egg, milk, vanilla, and apple pie spice. Coat an unheated nonstick griddle or large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
- 3Dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook bread slices on hot griddle about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to cook second sides.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat the 1/2 cup fruit preserves of your choice (if using) until melted, stirring frequently. If desired, sift with powdered sugar. Serve melted preserves or honey with French toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 426.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese
apple pie spice