Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a light, refreshing dessert that is almost fat-free! This can be made with other flavors of gelatine and complementary fresh fruits, such as raspberry, melons, peach, kiwi, blueberries, banana, etc. Chilling in refrigerator is not counted in preparation time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 4 pinches ground nutmeg
- Save 4 whole strawberries for garnish, and slice the remainder.
- Set aside.
- Microwave 1 cup water until hot.
- Pour hot water over gelatine and sweetener in a small bowl, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
- Refrigerate mixture 5-10 minutes to cool gelatine.
- Place sour cream in bowl.
- Add 1/4 of gelatine mixture and whisk until sour cream and gelatine are well-mixed and creamy.
- Slowly pour remainder of gelatine into sour cream mixture, whisking continuously to blend.
- Pour gelatine mixture into an greased 8x8-inch glass casserole.
- Refrigerate until set.
- With a sharp knife, cut into small squares.
- With a spatula, release squares from the bottom of glass dish.
- TO SERVE: In four stemmed glasses, divide ingredients, placing gelatine cubes in the bottom.
- Top with sliced strawberries, then whipped topping, ending with a whole strawberry.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar over the top of each dessert.
- Place a pinch of nutmeg over top.
Mmmmm such a pretty dessert!! I made the whole recipe, so we will enjoy it again tonight. I used "light" jello and splenda in place of equal. Not quite sure what you ment by #15 and #16, but it didn't matter, it's a lovely dessert. Thanks for sharing.