24 hrs 30 mins
This was recently given to me by a friend who is also diabetic. I really enjoyed this more than I thought I would so I thought I would share it with you. It does have to be chilled overnight before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) prepared reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- 1In a large bowl, mix whipped topping mix, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2Add Splenda and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- 3Beat on high speed for 4 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix crushed pineapple (including juice) with pudding mix, sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon rum extract.
- 6Gradually add whipped topping mixture into pineapple mixture, folding gently to incorporate.
- 7Spoon pie filling into prepared reduced-fat graham cracker crust.
- 8Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- 9Note: Using whipped topping mix rather than prepared, fat-free, non-dairy whipped topping will ensure a better texture and will allow the pie to better maintain its shape.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Splenda Pineapple Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 243.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced fat graham cracker crust
fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix