Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This was recently given to me by a friend who is also diabetic. I really enjoyed this more than I thought I would so I thought I would share it with you. It does have to be chilled overnight before serving.
- 1 (6 ounce) prepared reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping mix, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add Splenda and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Beat on high speed for 4 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix crushed pineapple (including juice) with pudding mix, sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon rum extract.
- Gradually add whipped topping mixture into pineapple mixture, folding gently to incorporate.
- Spoon pie filling into prepared reduced-fat graham cracker crust.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- Note: Using whipped topping mix rather than prepared, fat-free, non-dairy whipped topping will ensure a better texture and will allow the pie to better maintain its shape.