Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is usually very high in fat and made with egg yolk and cream. This very tasty version was found in a low-fat cook book and I have never looked back. It is just as good as the real thing. Trust me!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-fat ham, chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 375 ml light cream
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper
- 400 g spinach fettuccine
- parmesan cheese, extra (optional)
- Use cooking oil spray in a saucepan and saute onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add ham and then sliced mushrooms and cook for another few minutes.
- Place this mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan melt margarine.
- Take off the heat and add flour and stir until combined.
- Return to the heat and stir continuously for 1 minute and remove again from the heat.
- Add cream a little at a time and then milk and mix until smooth.
- Stir in stock powder and parmesan cheese.
- Add mushroom mixture to the pan, season and simmer for about 15 minutes on low.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and serve.